Got a question?
Some of our most frequently asked questions are addressed below, so take a browse through and see if it helps!
Otherwise, for anything else you can always feel free to contact us.
It’s always best to give us at least a few week’s notice – especially for multi-day, multi-country, larger group tours. If your group is bigger we will need time to find a hotel accommodation with enough rooms, make agreements on meals with the restaurants and book the local tour guides in each destination included in the program.
The same goes for any bookings in peak summer season, when we’re always likely to be a bit busier.
We suggest booking your tour as soon as you book your flight tickets and you are sure of the number of people in your group.
In short… pretty much everything! Pricing includes transportation with a minivan (fuel, VAT and a driver). Entry fees for every attraction, accommodation and various other related expenses are also added to the final price.
We provide full organization, transportation, accommodation and guiding services.
Usually, with groups smaller than 7 people we do not include food in the final price since we don’t have to make prior reservations for dining. We recommend restaurants where you can have meals open board.
We do not provide assistance with VISA documents, flight tickets and insurance.
Usually free breakfast is provided in the hotels you’ll stay, but other than that you’ll be responsible for your own food throughout the tour. You can always count on your guide to show you the best spots to grab a bite and with groups over 7 people, we make reservations at restaurants as well.
Absolutely. Balkan Tales always recommends and books accommodation based on your budget and preferences. In fact, it’s part of our quotation.
This depends on your group’s size. Balkan Tales provides a variety of vehicles: from minivans and minibuses to spacious buses that can fit 50 in total.
You’ll need to pay 20% as a deposit to reserve tours. Payments can be made via bank transfer. The other 80% can be paid in cash at the end of the tour. You can pay in BGN, EURO or USD.
Sometimes the bigger groups need to pay up to 50 % deposit so we can secure and prepay the accommodation in advance (if included)
We head off from wherever you are. Balkan Tales is happy to meet you anywhere in the Balkans. Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Greece, Kosovo, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia and Hungary… just have your pick and inform us! If you wish to be picked up from another European country, this can be arranged. Poland, Italy and Germany are viable options. Get in touch and we’ll discuss your pick-up in further detail.
Certainly! With Balkan Tales, your last destination doesn’t need to be your starting point. You just need to tell us where you want to be dropped off.
“Free time” in your itinerary means that you will have time to relax, go shopping or explore the city on your own. Your guide or driver won’t necessarily accompany you during the free time, but they will be “around” if you need advice or in case of any problems.
“Free day” means you will have the whole day free, you can take a rest, go shopping or why not visit a museum. This will be a free day for your guide / driver too, but you can contact them in case of problem or if you need a local tips.
You can always negotiate directly with your driver / guide if he will be available during the free time.
If we are not able to visit some of the sights at your convenience, the tour continues according to program and we won’t go back. The fees and other expenses included in advance in the final price of the tour are not refundable.
If someone in your group is not fully able-bodied, then contact us in advance with information and your requirements. Balkan Tales is inclusive and we aim to create tour packages tailored to best suit your group – this includes physical ability as well.
Balkan Tours uses English as the go-to language for its tours, but there are options to host tours in Spanish, French, Chinese, German, Italian and French. In order to select a language different from English, you have to contact us well in advance to make the necessary preparations.
You can change your travel dates in advance, depending on tour guide availability. The company has the right to refuse to change travel dates or charge extra for the changes. Also you will need to cover all the extra expenses for the tour resulting from the changes i.e. accommodation, entrance fees, transportation, etc.
Travel insurance is NOT included in the tour but we can happily assist you in arrangements for it.
This is our online payment gateway Dismiss